How to classify Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chablam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have an Internship with a prosthetic and orthotic clinic that I'm not sure how to fit into my PTCAS application.

Should this be put under extra-curricular? I worked with Prosthetists and Orthotists correcting movement to improve ambulatory function. I have over 120 hours of this and do not want to simply not include it since I learned a great deal about human kinetics and practical anatomy applications.

Where is the best place to put this information? Since I did receive academic credit is this still considered extra-curricular, even though it is not physical therapy observation?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I had an internship with athletic trainers and I put it under extra-curricular because it was not directly with a PT. This is a great experience to highlight in your essay! Although it was not PT-related, I'm sure a lot of what you did and learned will help you in PT school, so I would incorporate it into your essay if at all possible :)