How soon to get interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zzzzzz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering how the interview invites have been going for everyone. I've applied to 10 programs and have gotten interviews at 2 so far, but I'm wondering if the others are slow or they don't want me. How does this work? How much time do the programs usually allot to invite?

Members don't see this ad.

Try to relax, this is still early yet. You should receive more interviews in the next few months.

In this game, no news is also good news... this means your application wasn't rejected. ;)

Good luck.

Like Andrew says, relax.

Its still very early in the season; we only just received our ERAS software a few weeks ago and have trouble until just a few days ago even getting it to run (for some reason our network requires us to upload the software every year). So we haven't even started looking at applicants and I'm sure many other programs haven't yet either.

Programs vary, and what one does doesn't have much bearing on what others do. When I applied two years ago I got a couple of interviews within the first day, and the last one in early december, and I got interviews everywhere I applied. Some wait for certain parts of the application to be submitted, others don't care, it's best not to get clutched as my esteemed colleagues both said above. :)

Thanks! I feel much better. :oops: