How should those subjects you recall little about be handled differently than the more recent ones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ihave Nonamè

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Psych ages ago and didn't take the class seriously at the time. It's also been a while since I've taken Gen. Chem. For these classes, the first in particular, I feel that I need to relearn the material...Is this the way to handle forgotten subjects? Or would I be fine with just the material listed in the MCAT prep books?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of students, including me, self-learn psyche for the MCAT because it's not the most conceptually difficult; mainly just definitions. You'll be completely fine there by using an MCAT prep book and Khan Academy videos to supplement. There's also a KA notes compilation floating around the internet that many student swear by, so I'd also use that for P/S.

As for gen chem, just use the books and then watch a KA video if anything is confusing to you.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

By the time I took the MCAT I hadn't taken psych since high school & I just used a review book. Granted, I did remember a lot from then, but it would be doable to learn it from scratch. Gen chem, maybe, but it would be harder. Depending on how far out you are, your aptitude for chemistry and how well you did first time around, maybe take it again