How should I start preparing for a Post-Bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wubtella

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently studying architecture and will graduate in a year and half. I will likely finish with a 3.5 GPA and I have only taken a few science classes (Biology, Physics, and Chem 1).

I have decided I want to pursue medicine and that a post-bacc after I graduate is my best option. I would prefer to go to programs like Goucher, JHU, Bryn Mawr, etc. These programs usually require that you have less than half of medical school prereqs so I figured I'd wait until post-bacc to take any extra classes. What should my approach be now? Should I get some volunteering/clinical hours?

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you targeting those programs?
You can begin by building your ECs now instead of rushing them later. Gather your preferred volunteer hours (clinical or non-clinical) as well as some clinical and/ or shadowing.
GPA is a tad on the low end but you can get it into shape with a decent pre-req performance.

Why are you targeting those programs?
You can begin by building your ECs now instead of rushing them later. Gather your preferred volunteer hours (clinical or non-clinical) as well as some clinical and/ or shadowing.
GPA is a tad on the low end but you can get it into shape with a decent pre-req performance.
I'm targeting those programs because nearly all of the grads of their programs go onto medical school. If I'm going to be spending that time and money, I want it to be worth it. Thanks for the advice by the way!