How should I expect to contribut to my class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anna268

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently applying for graduate school for PT and one of my essays ask how do I expect to contribute to my class based on academic, community and/ or professional experiences?

So far I have made some points but I am not sure if this would be what it being looked for.

1. Understanding that patient treatment in not one side fits all.
2. Ability to communicate well with children adults and the elderly
3. understanding that patient medication plays a role in how patients feel during treatment.
4. Understanding that not all patients will make improvements
5 Knowledge that it is better to work in groups than alone. "work smart not hard"
6. Understanding that it is important to take the time to have fun and not consume self with studying.

Please let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

Points 1-6...I don't see how they answer the Q.

Reactions: 3 users
I think they are looking to see how you can be a team player, get along well with others, work on group projects, develop strengths in others, be receptive to constructive feedback.etc

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. I had a feeling that I was going in a completely wrong direction but was not sure.

Agree with above answers....focus on you and your "team" of classmates for the next few years. When have you worked on a team or in a group? What role did you play?

You mean acknowledge, right? Definitely don't use slang in your application. Also, I'd highly suggest that you don't post a picture of yourself on an online forum. It can come back to bite you.

Think of experiences that demonstrate your specific traits that would be considered beneficial to being a successful PT student or PT (For example, instead of stating, "I excel at making people feel comfortable in difficult situations," describe a situation where you demonstrated that behavior.)

Research the school's values and compare them to your own values and experiences. Write about your behavior demonstrating your values that align with the school's. For example, if your school highly values research and you have experience assisting with research...write about it and how that could benefit your classmates, the program, and yourself.

1-4 are totally unrelated. 5 could work. 6 is questionable but possible if rephrased. Be sure to work on your spelling and grammar carefully too.