How much time off are you taking before school starts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluemorpho

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am quitting July 15th and I am worried that this is too late to get all the R&R I need, but too early to pay rentand have fun before the 1st loan payout on Aug 22nd.

Members don't see this ad.

Youre doing better than me. I have summer school until July20, then my orientation at Loyola starts July 25. Not even a week!!

bluemorpho said:
I am quitting July 15th and I am worried that this is too late to get all the R&R I need, but too early to pay rentand have fun before the 1st loan payout on Aug 22nd.

I hear you. I've put in my resignation letter at work for July 15th and then have until August 1st to move in. Orientation starts August 8th and August 11th is first day of class.. I'm hoping I've struck the right balance myself..

Members don't see this ad :)
Mark down another one for July 15th! That reminds me that I have to send in my letter of resignation. I figured the 15th provided a good balance between having enough time to chill before school starts and working enough to make plenty of money this summer.

I end work in two days and am taking the entire month of July to travel China before Medical School. I am looking forward to every second of it!

You all make me sound like a lazy bum. I quit working at the end of May and I don't start until September! :laugh:

NorCalGirl said:
You all make me sound like a lazy bum. I quit working at the end of May and I don't start until September! :laugh:

School doesn't start here till the end of August.. so I'll be working part-time till mid-August. You guys are all making me think I should take longer than a week off. :) Could use the money though.

NorCalGirl said:

They make u sound lazy. . . buy they make me sound like a workaholic.
I quit on the first week of august and my orientation is the 2nd week. :D

my last day is Thursday July 28th 4pm, I fly out to school on Thursday July 28th 9pm. School starts Monday Aug 1st. Hey, I need all the pay I can get before I get in debt. Plus my job is really easy and non-stress. (clinical research)

Count me in with the "needing all the money I can get" crowd... I'm working 'til July 28th and orientation starts August 8th :eek: At least I'm moving this weekend so I'll be mostly settled in before my R & R week...