how much sleep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cassialoy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, for those of you already in veterinary schools, approximately how many hours of sleep do you get per night on average? Can you also include what year you're in? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Cassialoy said:
Hi, for those of you already in veterinary schools, approximately how many hours of sleep do you get per night on average? Can you also include what year you're in? Thanks!

I'm in final year (5th year here). I usually get 6-8 hours of sleep a night, but it's not like I can't go to bed earlier or wake up later - this is my choice. I prefer 8 hours but can't get myself to bed early or to wake up late!

I honestly haven't found vet school to keep me SO busy like some people say. Perhaps it's because I'm not studying enough, or maybe because I'm at a UK school.

5 or 6 on average a night (during major exams, some nights 4 hours). i'm going into 3rd year.

Members don't see this ad :)
5-6 just starting 4th year. No idea how much sleep I will get when the year starts for me (June)

around 8 hours. there is no way I could function or study without enough sleep. Im in second year.

I just finished my 2nd year...and I would say, on average, I got about 5-6 hours of sleep. But, that was NOT during finals week when 3 hours was good and not if there was a really, really busy week. Also, if you participate in certain activities like foal team or emergency team where you could get called in during the middle of the night or have a shift in the middle of the night - that can cut down on your zzz's too!

i'm on the 3rd year and i have to sleep 9h to be fine in the morning, but during exams i often dont sleep at all

PortugalAngel said:
i'm on the 3rd year and i have to sleep 9h to be fine in the morning, but during exams i often dont sleep at all

And I thought that I was the only person that needed 9 hours sleep....

Of course, for my cats, its a rough day if they only get 22 hours of sleep.

Oldie

Olddodger said:
And I thought that I was the only person that needed 9 hours sleep....

Of course, for my cats, its a rough day if they only get 22 hours of sleep.

Oldie

rofl