how much physics?

LinerAddict

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a highschool senior and I am currently taking a physics course at my local community college. I don't really care for physics and was wondering approximately how much physics will I need to do as Premed/Biology major in college. All answers are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello.

You will need to complete one year of college physics. Do your best on this first course even though you are in high school .All the grades you earn at that community college will be part of your GPA when you apply to professional schools later.

They won't care about your regular high school courses by that time, but those dual-credit courses will stick with you down the road.

I didn't really care for physics either. As long as you get through the 2 classes you take in college (and the Physical Sciences portion of the MCAT), you'll only have to put up with a few bits of physics here and there during medical school unless you decide to go into a specialty like Radiology or the like.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't really care for physics either. As long as you get through the 2 classes you take in college (and the Physical Sciences portion of the MCAT), you'll only have to put up with a few bits of physics here and there during medical school unless you decide to go into a specialty like Radiology or the like.

Oddly enough, most of the people I've met in radiology don't seem to like physics as well. 'Course, I loved physics (and hated chemistry).

The key to physics is understanding which formula is appropriate to use in a given situation. The best way around this is doing a lot of practice questions. Eventually, it'll just click like riding a bike.

I'm currently a highschool senior and I am currently taking a physics course at my local community college. I don't really care for physics and was wondering approximately how much physics will I need to do as Premed/Biology major in college. All answers are appreciated.

They won't care about your regular high school courses by that time, but those dual-credit courses will stick with you down the road.

Let me just second what Humid said. When I was in high school I took a bunch of dual credit courses and thought it was cool because all the teachers were saying "you can earn college credit while being in high school and you wont have to take as many generals when you start college!!" I didnt really know what I wanted to do in life so I figured, what the heck. It was kind of foolish of me since I was an easy come easy go guy in high school. So work hard at it if thats what youre gonna do...because those grades will be there foreva!!!!

In college for premed/vet you will need a full year of physics.

You may or may not be required to take calculus based physics. If you're lucky you get to take algebra based.

So take calc and phys in HS to make life easier.

Oh, thank God, only one year of physics! :D

Can I tag along a question on this thread? What subjects/classes do you need for MCAT? Just general biology, general chemistry, and general physics? Somehow that just doesn't sound right since I'm taking all of these in senior year of high school.

Two semesters each of college general biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics (algebra based physics), all with the appropriate labs, are the only courses needed to prepare for MCAT.

Two semesters each of college general biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics (algebra based physics), all with the appropriate labs, are the only courses needed to prepare for MCAT.

Thanks muchly. :) I try to forget about organic chemistry. Oww rude awakening.