~how much material did you cover each day to study for finals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsp132

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
mine is on thursday you think 2 chapters a day is fine then use the last days to review everything all over again

Members don't see this ad.

mine is on thursday you think 2 chapters a day is fine then use the last days to review everything all over again

Medical school? Probably 5-10 chapters a day, depending on the subject.

Members don't see this ad :)
For organic, I went over the ACS study guide. There were a few things we didn't cover, but those didn't actually show up on the exam so I was ok there. The only thing I really wish I had done was study the NMR. There were 5 questions pertaining to that and I had no earthly idea. Oops! Organic is a subject which builds on itself. So as long as you have been keeping up with the material, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

You only covered 8 chapters this semester? Lucky.

You only covered 8 chapters this semester? Lucky.
Do you know which textbook he used? If not, this judgment is completely arbitrary.

this depends how YOU study

I do not study textbooks for final exams

I look over notes that I took from day one, I look over quiz questions, discussion notes etc. I can't honestly say how many chapters a day because I might look over notes from 3 chapters quicker than the notes from one chapter that was difficult.

I am so not helping or giving you a direct answer haha. I just don't study with textbooks. I go through notebooks really fast lol. I should get a tablet and start putting notes on that, save some trees.

I had mine yesterday for O Chem 1... I went over 3 chapters a day about then the day before went over everything. It went well but it definitely is something that if you learned it through out the semester, it shouldn't be that difficult recalling it all. Just gotta remember all the details though!

I have to admit that I don't study for finals as much as some people do. I think I "make up" for this by the fact that during the class assignments that might take 20 minutes will get double that out of me. I am very maticulous about my assignments, I always go back over any quiz answers I got wrong, I am very active with discussions and ultimately I pick at details along the way. I do more than necessary during the course duration which always benefits me because at the end, I don't have to hardcore cram to get an A. I sorta did it already over a stretched period of time. Does that make sense? I am super tired right now so I might sound a little :sleep:

I just got done my orgo 1 and had to rush through the last 1/4 of the exam

89 questions in 2 hours not enough time but I hope he curves

I just didn't study enough after question 60 my mind was getting burnt out lol

on to spring!

For finals I studied ~10-15 chapters a day and spent a day or more per subject starting the week before. This included a quick run through and was focused on the high yield material. And in the denser subjects (O-Chem) this was done from my own condensed notes. It definitely is easier if you are studying for mastery throughout the semester instead of an "A", then come finals a lot is just cursory review because most of the important stuff is already there.

For organic I studied a couple hours while watching football.

Lol... me too. Except I watched football and glanced at the organic notes every now and then. :p