How many times will you reapply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many times will you reapply?

• Just once (after the initial application)

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Twice

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Three times

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Four times

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Five or more--as long as it takes!

Votes: 23 27.7%

• Total voters

NY Musicologist

Career Changer
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious--how many of you have gone through 2+ reapplications before getting in/giving up? How many times--realistically--are you prepared to apply before throwing in the towel?

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools only allow applicants to apply a maximum of three times (I am thinking of Albert Einstein). Also, I am not sure how much more I can bolster my application.

I took the MCAT several times - although my last score was my highest, it was certainly not through the roof. Having been 7 years since I graduated from college, there is not too much I can do about my science GPA and many post-baccs will not let you re-take if it has been less than 10 years...I went to Madagascar and Paraguay for international service and obtained at MPH at the top public health school in the country...So...twice is it for me.

If I was younger, I would re-apply as many times as I had to, I suppose.
Though after 2x, I think a person should try something else for a while, like a special master's program, then re-apply. Or something like that.
But I'm too old to do that and then re-apply, so this is it for me! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently going on round 3, and have to get the Examkrackers books out again to take the MCAT again if I don't get in this time around

I'm currently going on round 3, and have to get the Examkrackers books out again to take the MCAT again if I don't get in this time around

DUDe it IS NOT your MCAT, I repeat IT IS NOT your MCAT!!!!! Please do not retake a 38!!!

DUDe it IS NOT your MCAT, I repeat IT IS NOT your MCAT!!!!! Please do not retake a 38!!!

My guess is it's expiring. No one in their right mind retakes a 38 unless they have to.

It expires after this app cycle. So I'm praying that I never have to look at the MCAT study books again.

Last year I thought if I don't get in, I will re-apply as many times needed. but now i am not sure if I still stand by it or not.

It expires after this app cycle. So I'm praying that I never have to look at the MCAT study books again.

good luck on this app cycle.

Well I only had to reapply once b/c I got an acceptance this week!
Hang in there everyone and make sure that you apply to a bunch of schools that are a good fit for you - not only numbers wise, not only location wise - but a good mix.