How Many Schools to Apply To?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTApplicant4

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have filled out a bunch of applications due to just taking my GRE today and not wanting to wait until after I completed the exam. I previously had a 145V, 151Q, and 4.5AW, and a 3.84 GPA as well. After today I now raised my GRE to a 151V, 156Q, and am waiting on my analytical writing score. With a 3.84 GPA, and a 307 GRE, how many schools do you think I should apply to? I am from Ohio so there are plenty of schools to choose from and I was considering a few elsewhere. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

With your high GPA and solid GRE, I think 4 to 5 schools would be a safe amount, as long as your interviews go well.

According to data from PTCAS for 2016 - 2017, the average number of schools applied to per applicant was around 6. But your stats are above average, so no need to waste time/money if you feel confident about your application.

Reactions: 1 user
I would stick to the state schools in Ohio. I believe there are 9 programs total, but I'm not sure how many state schools there are specifically. You have a good chance and tuition for those programs are great.

Reactions: 1 user