How many of you have received notification forms?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odieoh

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After applications are distributed to programs, each program has to send you a little form informing you that they received the application--at least thats how it was last year. The forms aren't invites or rejections for interviews, they're just to let you know they got your app. I know my app was distributed on about Sept. 16th, because that's when my program received it, but so far I haven't received any of these forms from any programs. Anyone else in the same boat, or have most of you been getting those forms already?

Members don't see this ad.

I've gotten forms from about half of the programs I applied to. My app went out in batch 7 (about 9/20).

It takes a few weeks for your application to be distributed by CAS, so you're still within the window. I submitted my app on 8/17, it got distributed on 9/3, and I didn't get my first confirmation until 9/9 by e-mail and 9/13 by postal mail.

On a similar note, has anyone who applied to UCSD, CPMC, Vanderbilt, NY Presby-Weill (Cornell), and UMDNJ gotten confirmations?

Members don't see this ad :)
Jaded Soul said:
It takes a few weeks for your application to be distributed by CAS, so you're still within the window. I submitted my app on 8/17, it got distributed on 9/3, and I didn't get my first confirmation until 9/9 by e-mail and 9/13 by postal mail.

On a similar note, has anyone who applied to UCSD, CPMC, Vanderbilt, NY Presby-Weill (Cornell), and UMDNJ gotten confirmations?

hey, Yes. I am in the same boat. I haven't gotten confirmations from these institutions either. I am batch #6.

goldfisch

I'm batch #8, and have only received notifications from 3 programs so far.

Jaded Soul said:

I'm batch 5 too, app sent overnight 8/17, distributed on 9/3, received by most programs by 9/9.

Didn't get those confirmations either... but I guess CPMC will call for an invite without sending a confirmation. (that's what they did with me)

Same thing for Tufts... no confirmation, but a letter invite today.
Dates are listed elsewhere, but they are 11/22, 12/3, 12/6 - they're only a half day long too. :)

Now I am lost....

What is it with the batch numbers??? How do I know my batch number?

:confused:

vanelo said:
Now I am lost....

What is it with the batch numbers??? How do I know my batch number?

:confused:

When you get back a confirmation from a program in the mail, it will say your batch number in the upper right hand corner.