How Many Credits Should I Take

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podarski

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will only takeing 12 credits at a time hurt me for the dental admisions process. I work 25-30 hours a week and don't know if I could manage 15 credits unless I took a class or 2 that were easy but what would be the point of that.

Members don't see this ad.

IMO 12 credits is kinda low but still better than 15 with a lower GPA that semester. Only take more IF you can keep up your grades. :)

That being said you might have a hard time competing with someone that has very high #'s of hours per semester if your consistently taking less than 15.

podarski said:
Will only takeing 12 credits at a time hurt me for the dental admisions process. I work 25-30 hours a week and don't know if I could manage 15 credits unless I took a class or 2 that were easy but what would be the point of that.

i think taking 12 credits is perfectly respectable since you are working so much. At most schools 12 credits s still considered a full time student, PLUS you're working more than you're average part-time job. if you can still manage good grades, i think the will speak for your time-management skills and work in your favor.

If a twelve credit semester is the only "blemish" on your application, then I wouldn't worry about it. Make sure you put in the work experience portion of your AADSAS that you have worked. Also, don't forget to mention your work experience in your essay even if it is not dental related. If your interviewer bring it up, you can usally use that to make the interview less formal and more like a friendly conversation.