how long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

haley65

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long after you submitted your applications did it take to get interviews? I am starting to get worried!

Members don't see this ad.

How long after you submitted your applications did it take to get interviews? I am starting to get worried!

3 days. dont worry...you must have submitted on the 17th of October? thats pretty confident of you.

Not really sure what you mean....

Depends on your field...

I'm FP and got one that day an hour later.

I have friends who are ortho who aren't going to get any until Nov 1 when all their apps are due in totality and the Dean's letters are able to be downloaded.

I'm applying to surgery and I submitted pretty late, on October 10th ( I was overseas in September), I got 2 interview offers on the 11th, and there is still one rec letter missing from my file.

If you're not getting any interviews go back and double check that you've submitted everything correctly, I was checking the document tracker site and realized that a couple of programs hadn't uploaded my PS because I'd forgotten to click the box--stupid things like that. Start there, then think about more major things like did you target realistic programs... and as others have said, depending on the specialty, a lot of the more competitive programs won't be giving interviews until your entire application, including MSPEs are in. By November 1st you should know where you stand