How long until I hear back about research tech position??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H2OOOYeah

Claire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!! This is the first time I've been to the research forum, but I wanted to post a quick question and hopefully get some input toward my situation. Here goes...I applied a week and a half ago to UPenn, CHOP, and Jefferson in Philly for research tech/assistant positions. I applied to about 6 positions for each hospital and have yet to hear back about any of them. Some of the positions I have applied to have been taken off the hospital websites and other new positions are continually being posted, so I just keep applying for various positions in research hoping to get response back about one of them. I have previous research experience (my undergrad major was in biological sciences) and I am currently in research (as an internship) for the Cleveland Clinic as well. I was extremely involved during college and my resume seemed competitive. I don't know what to do and I feel lost as far as where my life is going right now (in terms of having a research position to hopefully build up my resume for med school) because I'm losing my place in Cleveland when my internship is up at the end of October and was hoping to move back home to Philly by November...now, without a job, I'm sunk!! Please help!!:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Have told your PI about this? Ask them if they know of anything coming up. If they know that you want to continue in the field and you're a good worker, then it's been my experience that your PI won't have a problem referring you to someone else. Or, your PI may be able to take you on for another year, but they just don't know what your plans are.

If your heart is set on one of those positions you applied for, it's pretty standard to wait for two weeks after submitting your resume and then call them up.