How long to study for INBDE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureddsny

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a D3 dental student and looking to schedule my INBDE Exam for this upcoming December. My semester ends (heavy didactic and heavy clinic: 35 credits in total) on the ninth of December and I was wondering how long I should study for the exam? An honest opinion please! I have heard 5 days, 2 weeks, 3 months.....no consistent answer with reasoning behind it and I was hoping for some solid advice. I have a 3.93 GPA and feel comfortable with a lot of the board material, but I have no idea what the studying regimen for the exam should be. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I took it earlier this year. If you have a good handle on dental school material, you really needn't worry. There aren't too many random facts to memorize. Most of it is clinically relevant. Just go over mental dental and your choice of exam prep course and you should be good to go. Some people passed with two weeks of studying, some with three months. If you're feeling comfortable with the material, you don't need three months imo. Maybe a month or even less

Reactions: 1 user
I think 6 weeks is a reasonable amount of time. It is what I did. I’d always rather have a little more time than I think I need.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't study (or study very minimally). I studied for like a day. Nobody in my class, or a number of other schools failed the INBDE. It's a joke.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Which study material did you guys use (the ones who took it)? I am using mastery app and the questions seem really hard and detailed. Idk what you mean by easy.

Mastery app is useless. Mental dental has everything you need to pass. If additional info is needed, I’d recommend class notes over mastery app

• Wow
Don't study (or study very minimally). I studied for like a day. Nobody in my class, or a number of other schools failed the INBDE. It's a joke.
That is terrible advice.

Reactions: 2 users
I studied for 45 days before my exam using mental dental and Bootcamp. The exam is not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. If you have done well in your clinical courses you will be fine.