How long is your personal statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peanuts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want to get an idea of how long people's personal statements have been. Mine is currently at 880. I don't want to try and cut it anymore. I'm so tired. I want it to be done, and I want to turn it in.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine's about 650 words. Seriously, if it sounds good to you, turn it in and be done with it. working on personal statements is a slow painful torture

754...which i'm told is a little bit on the long side because it went over 1 page once put into the ERAS formatting of courier 10 or whatever it is. but i needed that much to make it (relatively) coherent.

Members don't see this ad :)
I cut and paste mine into ERAS (880 words) and it fit into one page, although ERAS printed 2 pages (the second page was blank). The print looks smaller than 10 font though. What happened?

Mine was 874 words and that's how I left it. That was as short as I could make it while still getting what I felt I needed to get across. I think there is way too much emphasis on "staying within one page". If it's a great statement and goes a bit over so be it... but I guess I'll find out for sure as I make my way through interviews.

Just get it in! It's getting late!

mine was only 600 words but i felt it represented me well

It's in, it's in. :) Submitted ERAS today, FINALLY.