how long does it take till they see your score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessica99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an MS4 and scheduled to take usmle on jan 29. However I do not want it to count at all. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take until the programs saw your score. By the way I DID agree on my ERAS application to have the scores automatically forwarded. Please shed some light on this situation.
Thanks very much,
jess

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I was kind of wondering this myself. Schools have to turn in their rank list by Feb 25th, but I'm certain that they spread their committtee meetings out from the end of January to the beginning of Feb to rank students. And I wouldn't expect them to all meet again just because they got a few new USMLE2 scores that they could review (as long as you passed). And estimating an avg turnover time of at least 3 weeks for your score to be processed and reported, I would predict that you will be fine in terms of schools not using your score as part of your evaluation. HOwever, I can't be 100% certain. If I were you, I'd just study as hard as I could for the test and do the best that you can. Most of step II is stuff that you do need to know or understand on same basic level irrespective of what specialty you go into, so you might as well spend the time to re-inforce learning it now. Also, you have to take step III in 1-3 yrs, and since step III covers roughly the same info as step II, that's another excuse to go ahead and learn it well now.