How long does it take after application hear back from Walgreens?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mercerpharmacist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I plan on applying to a Pharmacy Tech position at Walgreens at one location that I really like. That's the only location that I feel will even be feasible anyways. They have a job listing on the website, so I thought I'd go ahead and apply. Do they typically respond to these job applications? And if so, in how long?

Members don't see this ad.

Job listing doesn't always mean they have opening. Your best bet is to drive around and ask to speak to a pharmacist about openings. Make sure to dress nice to make good impression.

Job listing doesn't always mean they have opening. Your best bet is to drive around and ask to speak to a pharmacist about openings. Make sure to dress nice to make good impression.
Thanks! So just walk into the pharmacy and ask to see the pharmacist? Oh man, that makes me nervous...but if i have to do it I will

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes lol. Why nervous? You never worked before?

No I haven't. This will be my first job. I don't even have a Pharm Tech license yet. I will need to apply for one and then I'll go do that. I'm afraid I'll walk in and then the pharmacist will be bothered that i'm just coming in to ask for a job..seems awkward. And especially if there are other people around me

but i really appreciate the response. if thats how it works, thats how ill have to do it. thank you so much!

If you don't have even a training license on your resume Walgreens may just delete your application. In some states like Arizona, they now require background checks and fingerprinting so new tech licenses take weeks. Employers won't wait, you should apply for the license yourself ASAP.

If you don't have even a training license on your resume Walgreens may just delete your application. In some states like Arizona, they now require background checks and fingerprinting so new tech licenses take weeks. Employers won't wait, you should apply for the license yourself ASAP.
Yah for sure. I plan on getting the license first and then applying. Since I'm still a student, I plan on getting the license before the summer starts, which leaves for plenty of time.

Your input is much appreciated.

Yah for sure. I plan on getting the license first and then applying. Since I'm still a student, I plan on getting the license before the summer starts, which leaves for plenty of time.

Your input is much appreciated.

I would call first and ask if manager is in/if there is an opening available.

nobody going to look at your application unless you call...and might have to call a few times. Some tenacity is required.

Reactions: 1 user
Speak to a store manager or assistant manager, not a pharmacist. When I was hired at Walgreens, I didn't even meet a pharmacist until after I was hired. Pharmacists aren't even a part of the interview process.