How is SOPHAS doing time-wise?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone e-submit in late december?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks,

I submitted on Dec. 15th with everything complete, just got notice today that my app. will be mailed with this weeks batch.

Sounds about right, they took about a month with my apps back in October before they were sent out...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone noticed if the mailings seem to still be going out on Mondays?

Watch out for SOPHAS if you have fall semester grades!!! I e-submitted 12/12 with everything except my fall semester grades and my GPA has yet to be calculated...I called today and they told me that my application wasn't ready until 12/31 (when my fall semester grades were received). SOPHAS told me before that they would mail out my app without the fall semester grades, but the woman today told me they would not. Is anyone else having this problem?

Watch out for SOPHAS if you have fall semester grades!!! I e-submitted 12/12 with everything except my fall semester grades and my GPA has yet to be calculated...I called today and they told me that my application wasn't ready until 12/31 (when my fall semester grades were received). SOPHAS told me before that they would mail out my app without the fall semester grades, but the woman today told me they would not. Is anyone else having this problem?

I was told that if you list your fall classes as IP, then it'll be fine. That's what I was told via email...

I'm starting to think that my GPA won't be calculated in time for the Jan 11th application deadline. Does anyone know if Emory considers an application in on time based on the sophas e-submit date? Or are they one of the schools that must have the application completed and in hand from sophas by the deadline?

I called Emory yesterday to ask that question. The admissions person I talked to said they go by the date you e-submitted to SOPHAS, not the date they receive it so you should be set

I was told that if you list your fall classes as IP, then it'll be fine. That's what I was told via email...

I did list them as IP and I was still told that they were holding up my application. I am sure that they made a mistake because another person at the help desk told me they were not. However, my application is now going to get in to the universities much later than it should have so just be aware that Fall grades might influence when your application is given to the university.

I did list them as IP and I was still told that they were holding up my application. I am sure that they made a mistake because another person at the help desk told me they were not. However, my application is now going to get in to the universities much later than it should have so just be aware that Fall grades might influence when your application is given to the university.

OMG, I called earlier today, and I'm dealing with the same issue now :mad:
According to a previous email correspondence with them, my app was "completed on December 16, 2009" but a transcript from fall was received on 1/12/2010. I called today and spoke with a lady who said my app was "completed on 1/12/2010" :mad: So I responded to my previous email after wards... it doesn't make sense to be in line for processing and all of a sudden be pushed to the back of the line, esp when I was told that as long as I left fall as IP, everything is fine.

For anyone who submitted up until the January 15th deadline - per SOPHAS it is now taking a full 4 weeks to process (even if they received your transcript a while back).

That said, I ran into some issues while submitting my application. When I called the school directly, they were able to log into SOPHAS and see that my app was there. The admissions representative was able to see my GRE scores, etc., so it seems like the schools can see you applied, they're just waiting for your transcripts, etc to be "verified".

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Hi all!

This is my first post, haven't really had anything to write about but I've been reading the posts.

Applying to GWU- Global Health, BU- International Health and USF- Global comm. diseases.

Submitted to sophas on 20th Jan, and just recieved a message today (25th Jan) that its going out with this week's mailings. So it doesn't take 4 weeks!! :D

what?! I e-submitted 1/13 and there has been no processing. I'm really worried as my deadlines are approaching.

just called sophas, and they said they're working on 1/13 today, so it will be 1-2 days max (mine was also 1/13)...way better than the times they were giving me a few weeks ago (up to 5 weeks!)

update: sophas finished my GPAs today, so i guess its going out in the next mailing...

Hey everyone,

I gave them a call to see how my app was coming along and moments after that, it was moved along to the next part of the process.

Coincidence??????

1 to 4 weeks depending on the workload. mine was processed in 1 week submitted 01/12/2009 and verified 08/12/2009