How important are fall quarter grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lailanni

c/o 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important are the fall quarter grades?

Do they factor into admissions a lot?

Right now I'm taking biochem, last quater o-chem, genetics, and working in a lab. I'm doing alright but not fantastic, it's a bunch of work..... and I'm curious if I can relax a little?

(I've submitted my app, these are my last pre-reqs)

Members don't see this ad.

They are prereq's and your schools are going to want a transcript from fall quarter/semester. So yes they still are important. Spring semester now they don't get those until after they have offered admission or not so those don't matter as long as you pass.

They are prereq's and your schools are going to want a transcript from fall quarter/semester. So yes they still are important. Spring semester now they don't get those until after they have offered admission or not so those don't matter as long as you pass.

You should also check in VMSAR or the web and see whether your schools require a C+, C or C- or better in pre-reqs if you're on the border.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any offer of admission you receive is most likely going to be contingent on "successful" completion of any outstanding pre-requisites. As Pressmom said, that could differ based on the school, so I wouldn't slack off if I were you. In fact, I'd do everything possible to finish the semester with high grades. There is always the possibility you won't receive an offer this year, and therfore your GPA for next year's applications will factor in this quarter's grades. If you need to drop something, drop the lab work.

Pretty important. At least at AU the interviews were offered AFTER fall grades were rec'd and calculated. Even Spring grades can be important... I was directly asked to list the (Spring) classes I was taking, and what my exam grades were in each.... (at the the interview, which as mid Spring semester).

You've worked hard this long -- tough it out.