How I prepared for MCCEE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatsupdocz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I took my exam back in March. I recvd the score in two months with a 358. I am an average student who just works hard, I did not expect that at all and am very happy with it :)
As i was preparing for the exam I did not find too much information on how to prepare, so I thought I would help others out.
I took this exam 1.5 months AFTER my Step 2 CK. I highly recommend for those who are studying for the USMLE Step 2 CK, take the MCCEE right after this exam please, otherwise it's just a pain to review the info again.
My study materials were: USMLE World for Step 2 CK, USMLE Secrets, Kaplan books and from Toronto notes I only skimmed over the Public Health and Ethics portion.
My exam was obgyn heavy. Many vague questions where I felt two or three could have been possible answers, i just picked the best out of the three and moved on. Also quite a few psych questions. Internal medicine and all the rest of the subjects were equally portioned out.
I don't recommend reading Toronto notes for this exam, the Toronto notes are way too extensive. Kaplan is good, and Uworld and USMLE secrets are a must :)
Goodluck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank's for sharing ur experience,
I want to know if I study Toronto Notes only is this enough?
And from where can I get questions to train my self after studying ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I ve got 361 ... I dont if its average or a good mark ??

hi ! thank u so much for the tips. I am a big fan of kaplan notes myself, however to be more in tuned with the canadian practices I started studying from toronto notes. needless to say, its taking me a lot of time to skim through all the info, I want to ask, does MCCEE test candidates on drug dosage? I know Usmle CK doesnt. this would be a big help if you can let me know, then I can start studying from kaplan notes again ! thank u

Hi guys, try this coupon code for 30% off on all packages for qchimp.com, their system is really easy to use and good, they cover all the topics of MCCEE and prices are also reasonable.
30SPECIAL

Last edited: