How happy are UCLA dental student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDr.A

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to the UCLA School of Dentistry and I am extremely happy. However, I have spoken to a couple of students and they seemed to be extremely overwhelmed and stressed. I know dental school will be hard but I wonder if students at UCLA still enjoy their 4 years of training, and have time to do things they enjoy. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on who you talk to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo, it's pass or fail over there.

If they are complaining, then they'd be complaining anywhere else. Dental school ain't a walk through the park.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You'll have plenty of time to do whatever you want, given you manage your time. UCLA is top notch if you have any interest in specializing.

Yo, its H/P/F which does make a difference depending on where you wish to specialize. No ranking though, which is good or bad depending on your personal views regarding that. As a graduate from UCLA I can certainly say it sucked but there is some value from being treated like garbage for years in terms of how it can make future crappy situations seem not so bad because it may not equate to that of the UCLA experience if one were so fortunate to experience themselves.

Now, after having been to med school, I can see how different and better students are treated at a med school compared to a dental school. After my first week at med school I was like Holy **** is this how a health profession school is supposed to be like!? Talk about med students whining and being babied man, what a joke that is. Funny thing is they don't know nor can understand how good they actually have it.

Reactions: 1 users