How good are the sciences at Wesleyan University?

R2ski2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time determining how good the sciences/pre health sciences are at Wesleyan (in Connecticut). Their website says that they have a med school acceptance rate of 70-80%, but I'm doubtful because I know many colleges tweak those numbers in some ways.
I also heard that they're a great research school for it being such a small LAC, and there are lots of opportunities for undergrads to do research.
Please let me know of ANYTHING you've heard about Wesleyan, both good and bad. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having a hard time determining how good the sciences/pre health sciences are at Wesleyan (in Connecticut). Their website says that they have a med school acceptance rate of 70-80%, but I'm doubtful because I know many colleges tweak those numbers in some ways.
I also heard that they're a great research school for it being such a small LAC, and there are lots of opportunities for undergrads to do research.
Please let me know of ANYTHING you've heard about Wesleyan, both good and bad. Thanks!
Although I am not attending Wesleyan in your state, I do have some information for you. Possibly... Many of the doctors in my city are Wesleyan graduates. They spoke highly of the program when I shadowed. I also was told that Wesleyan was great by many P.A students who I shadowed along side with. Given that I live in a rural area, most of the doctors that I shadow are Wesleyan graduates and are practicing the specialty that they want. My PCP is a great guy to be around and he is a Wesleyan graduate. Very knowledgable, friendly, and a favorite doctor to many. This is just what I have experienced so far and I will be attending Wesleyan in the fall.
Cheers. :)

Although I am not attending Wesleyan in your state, I do have some information for you. Possibly... Many of the doctors in my city are Wesleyan graduates. They spoke highly of the program when I shadowed. I also was told that Wesleyan was great by many P.A students who I shadowed along side with. Given that I live in a rural area, most of the doctors that I shadow are Wesleyan graduates and are practicing the specialty that they want. My PCP is a great guy to be around and he is a Wesleyan graduate. Very knowledgable, friendly, and a favorite doctor to many. This is just what I have experienced so far and I will be attending Wesleyan in the fall.
Cheers. :)

Thanks for the reply! So you're saying you've talked to Wesleyan graduates who are working in the medical field and they felt that they were well-prepared? Also, you'll be attending Wesleyan as a freshman in the fall? Maybe I'll see you around!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply! So you're saying you've talked to Wesleyan graduates who are working in the medical field and they felt that they were well-prepared? Also, you'll be attending Wesleyan as a freshman in the fall? Maybe I'll see you around!
Yes, I've talked to both P.A students and doctors and they speak highly of the Nebraska Wesleyan program! I assume that's true for the rest of the Wesleyan universities but who knows. I know the Nebraska Wesleyan program has a connection with our medical school as well.

I assume that's true for the rest of the Wesleyan universities but who knows.

Oh I was under the impression that you were going to attend Wesleyan U in Middletown, CT. I don't think the "Wesleyans" are affiliated with each other, just that they were all named after the same dude:). Good luck with your undergraduate studies!

Reactions: 1 user