How far would you go to get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acretinmelon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this will draw all sorts of jokes about sleeping with professors etc., but I'm really curious. How far would you go? Would you cheat? Would you bribe someone? Are you a brown noser? Do you email your professors and ask them how their kids are doing?

Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't do anything illegal or immoral if that's what you mean. But if I had any leverage or connections.. I would definately lean heavily on them and offer them the moon for a spot.

Two words - knee pads

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was in your, er...position, I would only go to 3rd base because I firmly believe that sex before matriculation is wrong.

Originally posted by Doctor Octopus
When I was in your, er...position, I would only go to 3rd base because I firmly believe that sex before matriculation is wrong.

It's wrong on so many levels. I've always found that if I have sex first, it's usually a good 20 minutes or so before I can matriculate... but that's just me.

I wouldn't do anything I didn't want to do. That includes cheating, bribing, using connections and bootie-kissing.

There are many things beside medicine that I enjoy, and while I'd really love to be a doctor, if I'm not qualified enough to get into med school on my own merit, I don't deserve to be there. If this doesn't work out, I will be more than qualified to be a science or health writer for a newspaper or magazine, where I'd be in less of a position to cause bodily harm to unsuspecting patients. ;)

.....as far as not getting caught with my pants down...

applying three years in a row and continually improve my application...

It worked.