How early should I apply for rolling admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ce106132

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How early should I apply to schools with rolling admissions? I decided to send my application to NYIT and Stony Brook (Deadline December), LIU and Dominican College of Blauvelt(March 2014), and Touro (May 2014).
I was planning to submit my application to all these schools earlier, after I submitted my application to UMDNJ at the end of September, but decided not to because I wanted to increase my GRE score before sending in my application.
I'll be taking the GRE again in 2-3 days, and today, I kinda just went "screw it" and decided to send in my application to these schools. And I found out that some of these schools don't even need GREs anyway...So here's my question: Would I be at a disadvantage for getting into these schools because I didn't send my application for these schools a month ago like I originally planned?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've seen I think it is best to apply as early as possible. BUT it is still possible to get in, what are your stats like? Think positive, you've got this!

My total GPA is 3.33 and my prerequisite GPA is 3.52. I also have about 120 hours of observation, 120 hours hospital volunteer experience, and tutored math for middle school kids for 2 years. I'm active in the gaming club, chess club, music club, and volunteering club as well where I hold a position on the e-board as assistant director. I also have 500 hours of kickboxing experience logged if that means anything. I think I'm missing something, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.I'm hoping to at least get into Touro.

Members don't see this ad :)
My total GPA is 3.33 and my prerequisite GPA is 3.52. I also have about 120 hours of observation, 120 hours hospital volunteer experience, and tutored math for middle school kids for 2 years. I'm active in the gaming club, chess club, music club, and volunteering club as well where I hold a position on the e-board as assistant director. I also have 500 hours of kickboxing experience logged if that means anything. I think I'm missing something, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.I'm hoping to at least get into Touro.

Your stats are pretty legit...are you applying for Touro College in NY or Touro University in Nevada? If you're applying to the NY one I'm pretty sure they require the GRE. You can always just send in your app ASAP and still take the GRE and have it sent...it'll take a few weeks for your application to get processed anyways. Good luck!

Yes, I'm applying to the NY one and sent them my application already. Also yes, I have sent them my GRE scores. I just took it last week, got 158 verbal and 156 quant, one point higher in both sections. Not sure about analytical writing because I haven't gotten it back yet, but in the practice writing assignments I did (Scoreitnow and some other thing) I consistently got 4's so I hope I at least get 3.5.Also thanks.

It really depends on the school and how many students they have already accepted. Looking at your stats I would say you have a good chance at Touro. I went to their info session recently and they said they are no where near full. I was also accepted to the Manhattan campus and am planning on attending. Good luck!