How early do I start studying for the NAVLE/ECFVG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Log8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an American from North Carolina currently studying and almost completing my 2nd year of vet school in Rio de Janeiro Brazil. My plan is to graduate and move back to the US, but I've been becoming increasingly worried about being prepared when the time comes to enroll in the ECFVG. The amount of preparation is overwhelming. I guess my question is, is it too early for me to be thinking about these things? What kind of things can I do now? Is there anyone out there in a similar situation? What did you do/are you doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have anxiety disorder, and one manifestation of it for me was test anxiety. I studied in the US so I only had to take the NAVLE.

Zuku has a NAVLE question of the day you can sign up for at no cost. I also did VetPrep. I didn't start studying till toward the end of third year. The timed practice tests in vet prep helped me simulate the testing conditions so I knew what I would be in for. Honestly the best thing that prepared me was my clinical year - but I learn best hands on.

Having talked to other collegues though - you will finish, not knowing how you did. I walked out finishing it early thinking "I either aced it or I failed and there will be no in between." Then went home and used the rest of the day to play Mass Effect.

Reactions: 1 users