How does everybody study for the boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tipsy McStagger

Critical Care
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any positive experiences with either SCCM or Chest courses? I'll do the seek questions but usually like something to help guide me aside from just questions.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I did the Peds SCCM questions at nauseum. I think there were study guides too, but most of it for me was just question repetition. I've personally never been one for courses, but I suppose others may feel differently.

And then, there's the couple days before where you write Fick's equation and alveolar gas exchange over and over till your knuckles bleed.

I did the SCCM board review course on demand, played most of the lectures throughout fellowship, then listened to them all again as I drove across country to start my first job. On top of that, did all of SEEK, the SCCM AKAs, an ATS question book, an old ABA CCM self-assessment module, and a crappier online board review question set. After all of that, the actual exam was almost a breeze, and I had a ridiculous amount of CME that I could claim.