How does ERAS get your transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Long Dong

My middle name is Duc.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, but how is it done? Do I have to do something so that they get it? Or does my school automatically send it to them? I don't recall any where on my eras that says request transcript from school.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Dumb question, but how is it done? Do I have to do something so that they get it? Or does my school automatically send it to them? I don't recall any where on my eras that says request transcript from school.:confused:
I'm not sure if it's done the same way at each school, but I had to notify my school that it would be okay for them to send ERAS my transcript. Once they got the notification, they were able to directly upload the documents online.

PS, is that your girlfriend on your MySpace? Nice work.

If you're an IMG you need your school to send YOU an unofficial transcript on plain paper so you can then send it to ECFMG who will then scan it into ERAS.

Why do they want a transcript? Isn't this the same thing that is shown in your dean's letter?

I wouldn't assume anything is "automatic." We had to request an official transcript to be sent to ERAS through the registrar's office.

They need your transcript so they can see your grades.

Dean's letters usually aren't sent out until later in the process (ours is Nov. 1)

transcript is your transcript and not your dean's letter.

I'm an IMG, but we had an official copy sent to the ecfmg from our school. We just had to notify the school that I wanted my transcript released.

for us it was automatic through our school

transcript is your transcript and not your dean's letter.

I'm an IMG, but we had an official copy sent to the ecfmg from our school. We just had to notify the school that I wanted my transcript released.

I mean the info in the transcript is included in the dean's letter basically.

If it says on ERAS Transcript Uploaded and the Program has downloaded it, can we assume the school took care of it even though I never had to submit a request for it to my school?

If it says on ERAS Transcript Uploaded and the Program has downloaded it, can we assume the school took care of it even though I never had to submit a request for it to my school?

Yup...I think you're safe. Still waiting on my school to fix the enrichment elective grades that they accidentally graded incorrectly. Funny how stuff from 3 years ago just now gets noticed by the registrar!