How Doctor's Take Women's Pain Less Seriously

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am inclined to agree to a certain point because there is the "more emotional" therefore probably more dramatic/prone to exaggeration POV attached to women.

However, my take on the article is that the biggest problem is not so much about the patient not being taken seriously but the initial doctor being a bit useless and not doing an exam. He seems to have moved forward based on what he thinks (assumably from seeing so many similar abdominal complaints) without much to stand on. I would assume that this kind of doctor would do the same if patient was male.

@drusso do you find that female patients in your practice are less believable (for lack of a better term)?

From my experience I've always noticed females tolerance for pain to be higher than males. Giving birth may be the most painful, natural process a person can go through.

In experience watching women receive tattoos they seem to take it better than men as well. Just my two cents...