How do you all pick pharmacy schools to apply considering your stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamer122

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I don't know how to choose pharmacy schools to apply to, did you all also apply to some safety schools in case you don't get in those top schools?
How do you pick schools to apply base on your stats?

Mine are
GPA: 3.5
PCAT: 85
2 years hospital volunteer

Are schools with ranking from 20-40 on the usnews ranking good for stats like mine?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your stats aren’t bad, the experience you have is great. It is smart to apply to other schools , I only applied to one school because I did early decision. I’ve worked in hospital pharmacy around three years and got into a top school! Good Luck!

Hi @dreamer122! Your have a pretty decent GPA with plenty of pharmacy experience. This is a good start to your application for pharmacy schools and you should be a competitive candidate to the schools that you listed. When I applied, I picked around 2 top tier schools and 2 backup schools and this is what I would recommend for most candidates. I ended up receiving interviews for all the schools but I only participated in 2 interviews after I found out I would be accepted in a top tier school.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you call a person who graduated top of their class from a top ranked pharmacy school and a person who graduated bottom of his class at the lowest ranked pharmacy school?

A pharmacist.

Go to the cheapest fully accredited pharmacy program. Your future investments and autonomy will thank you.

Reactions: 1 user
What do you call a person who graduated top of their class from a top ranked pharmacy school and a person who graduated bottom of his class at the lowest ranked pharmacy school?

A pharmacist.

Go to the cheapest fully accredited pharmacy program. Your future investments and autonomy will thank you.
When 70% of the jobs in pharmacy are in retail, and 90% of the time in retail is spent counting by 5’s, I agree that it makes no difference what school you go to. Maybe the top schools teach you how to count by 30’s or something...?

Reactions: 1 user