How do Irish citizens view American doctors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SwansonSteakhouse

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how Irish view Americans who come to schools like Trinity and then practice medicine. Is there sentiment against a doctor from the U.S.(like those Americans have against Arabic and Asian doctors)?

Also, would you say most Americans who come and study in Ireland stay, or do they return to the U.S.?

Members don't see this ad.

most of them return to their home countries (US or Canada) because without EU citizenship, getting an internship in Ireland/EU/UK is difficult.

I was wondering how Irish view Americans who come to schools like Trinity and then practice medicine. Is there sentiment against a doctor from the U.S.(like those Americans have against Arabic and Asian doctors)?

Also, would you say most Americans who come and study in Ireland stay, or do they return to the U.S.?

Just out of curiosity - how are Asian and Arabic doctors viewed? Where do you think are the best (easier places for people who are not American) to practice? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
(like those Americans have against Arabic and Asian doctors)?

That's one of the dumbest things I've read on here.

Some Americans may have a racist stigma, but don't dare place that label on the entire population.

Reactions: 2 users
i think Americans in general are LESS racist/discriminatory than others... because they view themselves as a nation of immigrants.
very few people here are "native Americans" (aka, "Indian Americans).
most people came from all over the world, from the generation of their great-grandparents.
Source: experience living in America for 13+ years

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
It's really encouraging to hear this from you guys - I always thought the US was less discriminatory because race is discussed so openly but I do understand there might be parts of the country that might be less receptive to people from different countries.