How do i progress from middle 1/3rd to top 1/3rd in my daily student evaluations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

decgra

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel , whatever i do, i keep getting the same review again and again.

I really what to know what the people who get top 10% are doing to get the review.

Can someone advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel , whatever i do, i keep getting the same review again and again.

I really what to know what the people who get top 10% are doing to get the review.

Can someone advice.
At the end of your shift, ask you supervisor---whether it be a senior resident or attending---for feedback on how you are doing. Then do whatever they advise.

Reactions: 1 user
Suck up, bring the residents stuff, flirt, project a false sense of confidence.

Partially serious here. Some of the people who got honors when I was in school were complete *****s That just knew how to schmooze.

Sent from my SM-G928V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Be a top 1/3 student and market yourself as such? Ask questions that show you understand what’s going on with the patient and what would be the relevant issues with management. Think pertinent and emergent on every patient. Know the pt’s labs/vitals/status better than the attending does. Know when they’re ready for dispo and let the attending know.

Suck up, bring the residents stuff, flirt, project a false sense of confidence.

This is a great way to get even lower scores if you are an average student with me. Lol. If someone is just ok clinically, or worse, its so transparent to me when they are trying to suck up for a higher evaluation. Some of us arent idiots. Find out what traits your evaluators want you to improve on, dont try to suck up to score higher. Get better.

Reactions: 1 user