FutureDocHopefully

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am still in high school. Freshman year first semmester I got F's and D's 2nd semmester my gpa was 3.3. Currently am a sophmore I have D's & F's. I was thinking about taking the California High School Profficiancy Exam in March and not continue w/ highschool make up the A-G requirements at a community college then go to to a regular college or univirsty and then major in math or science then do the four to six years of medical school.
Does this ^ seem like a good plan or should I continue with high school?

Also whats the fastest way to become a surgeon.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Am still in high school. Freshman year first semmester I got F's and D's 2nd semmester my gpa was 3.3. Currently am a sophmore I have D's & F's. I was thinking about taking the California High School Profficiancy Exam in March and not continue w/ highschool make up the A-G requirements at a community college then go to to a regular college or univirsty and then major in math or science then do the four to six years of medical school.

Get better grades in high school, and get yourself into a path toward a four year college. Then come back and ask your question. Someone failing courses in high school is simply so far from the starting point for medicine that advice on SDN is simply premature. If you can't pass high school you shouldn't consider trying your luck with college. Fix things where you are. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 users

Get better grades in high school, and get yourself into a path toward a four year college. Then come back and ask your question. Someone failing courses in high school is simply so far from the starting point for medicine that advice on SDN is simply premature. If you can't pass high school you shouldn't consider trying your luck with college. Fix things where you are. Good luck.

While I smell a troll- to answer honestly:

If you can't pass high school, there is no way you are going to pass college and medical school. Figure out why you are failing now and fix that. Then move on.

There is no shortcut to being a surgeon- 4 years of college + 4 years of medical school + a minimum of 5 years of residency depending on what type of surgeon.

Reactions: 1 user
Figure out a way to get your grades up. Ask yourself why you're failing and what you need to do to improve your grades...
If it's really bad then community college is your friend. :thumbup: