how do i become a plastic surgeon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

british_fetish

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about going into plastics, im not really sure of how i get there, do i just go to medical school get my MD, than do a residency in plastic surgery or do i have to do a normal surgical residency than go on to specialize in plastic surgery im not really sure, could someone help me out with this?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

british_fetish said:
Im thinking about going into plastics, im not really sure of how i get there, do i just go to medical school get my MD, than do a residency in plastic surgery or do i have to do a normal surgical residency than go on to specialize in plastic surgery im not really sure, could someone help me out with this?

Thanks

either one.

Search around for topics about "integrated" and "independent" plastics programs and you should start to get a pretty good idea about some of the options that can lead to plastics.

i'd worry about getting into medical school first

Members don't see this ad :)
british_fetish said:

Thanks

Watch Dr.90210 :D

txmed is right. don't put the cart before the horse. getting into med school is competitive enough as it is--focus on that. and the only path to becoming a plastic surgeon is by graduating from med school.