How different was your major by the time you graduated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My point is that unless they made it super easy in calc 2, calc 3 shouldn't be too bad.
Well the first exam is coming up monday, we will see how that goes!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
neuroscience---->Emergency services (graduated with a BS)---> pre-med postbacc

Biology>Biophysics>Biochemistry>Philosophy. Currently in senior year and have no plans to switch.
High five, fellow Philosophy major here! Was Bio for like one day, then switched to what I truly loved and never looked back. Philosophy was amazing, and really allowed me to approach medicine from a different perspective.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
High five, fellow Philosophy major here! Was Bio for like one day, then switched to what I truly loved and never looked back. Philosophy was amazing, and really allowed me to approach medicine from a different perspective.
I totally agree! Once I discovered philosophy, it was a no-brainer to switch. My worldview changed so much since I've started, and I still plan to study philosophy during my gap years. I'm not exactly sure how philosophy will influence my medical perspective, but I'll see once I get there. What type of philosophy are you into?

Biology --> Sociology --> Sociology & English ---> Biology and English --> Molecular Biology and Environmental Science minor --> Graduated with a Molecular Biology major & Env Science (Urban Sustainability & Development) major! Interesting route hahah, luckily I was "pre med" the whole four years so my course sequence was on track

I totally agree! Once I discovered philosophy, it was a no-brainer to switch. My worldview changed so much since I've started, and I still plan to study philosophy during my gap years. I'm not exactly sure how philosophy will influence my medical perspective, but I'll see once I get there. What type of philosophy are you into?
Ethics for sure. It's definitely the most relevant and thriving arm of philosophy today. That's awesome you're gonna study Philosophy during your gap years. Grad program?

Ethics for sure. It's definitely the most relevant and thriving arm of philosophy today. That's awesome you're gonna study Philosophy during your gap years. Grad program?
I don't think I'd do a formal grad program, due to the expense and time. However, my school lets undergraduates take graduate level classes in philosophy for the same undergrad rate, since it's a small department (I'm not sure how many schools allow this). So I'll probably take a couple classes that I'm interested in, but otherwise mostly read on my own. Hopefully I'll find an outlet for debate, if I'm not in a class, like a forum or peers into the same thing.