How did Zoom change your match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pageantry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who was on either side of the app cycle last year speak to how the virtual interviewing (plus resultant over-applying, over-interviewing?, etc.) seemed to affect your match? Historically, it seems like we have a 90% chance of matching with five interviews, but that data is from 2018. Did you fall further on your rank list than you expected? If you’re part of a program, have you adjusted your process to account for these changes?

Members don't see this ad.

I went on 13 interviews last year. It was very tiring and I would recommend it, but the neurotic in me would say otherwise. Matched in my top 5, very happy where I am. Feel free to DM with any specific questions

Still pretty easy to match but it has gotten more competitive recently

Reactions: 1 user
I went on 13 interviews last year. It was very tiring and I would recommend it, but the neurotic in me would say otherwise. Matched in my top 5, very happy where I am. Feel free to DM with any specific questions

Still pretty easy to match but it has gotten more competitive recently
Did you feel like you got a sense of what the programs' culture was like through the virtual interviews?

Did you feel like you got a sense of what the programs' culture was like through the virtual interviews?

I was able to get an idea of the culture. The most important advice I would give is to make sure you talk with the current fellow