How did you do on NPTE exam today(Jan 28th)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i passed!!!!!!! coming out of florida

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mine doesn't even say that I took the exam. It just shows my registration for it. Is that normal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all will pass. This was my third time taking this test. first time in july i made a 549, oct made a 585. I never gave up just kept on pushing thru. Thank GOD for everything because plenty of nights I cried. After oct test i took will crane mastermind study group and that helped a lot. Don't give up and keep making strives to reach your goal.

You all will pass. This was my third time taking this test. first time in july i made a 549, oct made a 585. I never gave up just kept on pushing thru. Thank GOD for everything because plenty of nights I cried. After oct test i took will crane mastermind study group and that helped a lot. Don't give up and keep making strives to reach your goal.
First time to take. I failed :( got 594.i dont know why.. they said its like 1 and 1/2 question.. i dont know huhuhu

Its hard for my part i live far away from US.I will be coonsidering a lot to take the exam.my leave from work, my travel, my visa going there and all the expenses.I didnt see this coming . :( maybe GOd has a reason for all of this ...

Got the Pass Guys! I took the test in Nevada. Good luck to everyone! Keep the faith.

Are you guys all checking your state board site for the results?

Passed in California.

Praise the Lord!!!

Keep your heads up guys, this test is not easy, but you can do it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
As did I! Go PT final exam!

Yayyy Will Crane fist pump!! :D

Reactions: 1 users
I failed, this was my 5th attempt. Now i feel like I can never pass this exam.

I failed, this was my 5th attempt. Now i feel like I can never pass this exam.
Keep thinking positive ! Do not delay studying for April one. Study O'Sullivan.

Its hard for my part i live far away from US.I will be coonsidering a lot to take the exam.my leave from work, my travel, my visa going there and all the expenses.I didnt see this coming . :( maybe GOd has a reason for all of this ...
Its ok i took 4 times im not in USA, i lost all my money finally i passed
NEVER GIVE UP

I have been looking at this forum and I just want to let the people know that didn't pass this exam is that this exam does not define who you are and how you are as a therapist. You are the smart one that went to graduate school! You are already accomplished! So please don't let this test define you and don't let it overcome who you are!

I just checked and i too just PASSED this exam. This was my 3rd attempt and quite frankly, I thought this exam was the hardest one. I know some of you took PT Final Exam. I heard great things about it. I took a different course it was Therapy Exam Prep. Both are really good but i would do more research to see what learning style is best for you. Mine was a 3month slow process course but that how i learn better

Having failed this exam twice i know what people are going through. I certainly feel bad for those and i don't wish anyone to retake this exam. My only advice is to stay strong, think positive and KNOW that you can BEAT this exam. Easier said then done. But you have the power to change the outcome and I know if you work hard, STUDY SMART not hard, you can own this exam.

I wish all of you best of luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I have been looking at this forum and I just want to let the people know that didn't pass this exam is that this exam does not define who you are and how you are as a therapist. You are the smart one that went to graduate school! You are already accomplished! So please don't let this test define you and don't let it overcome who you are!

I just checked and i too just PASSED this exam. This was my 3rd attempt and quite frankly, I thought this exam was the hardest one. I know some of you took PT Final Exam. I heard great things about it. I took a different course it was Therapy Exam Prep. Both are really good but i would do more research to see what learning style is best for you. Mine was a 3month slow process course but that how i learn better

Having failed this exam twice i know what people are going through. I certainly feel bad for those and i don't wish anyone to retake this exam. My only advice is to stay strong, think positive and KNOW that you can BEAT this exam. Easier said then done. But you have the power to change the outcome and I know if you work hard, STUDY SMART not hard, you can own this exam.

I wish all of you best of luck
Thank you..

Failed the exam on my 6th times. Is there anybody wants to share how they study? Just losing the confidence already. I would appreciate your help guys.

I completely agree with @DPT9 ...I've been through the process of failure and it is NOT easy...but let me assure you, it does get better. Being foreign-trained, it was harder for me than others. I joined PT Final exam and did all the assignments that were given in the course. It was hugely helpful! Even if you can't join that, just remember to study from the textbooks...the questions come from the main textbooks (O'sullivan, Kisner, Magee, Ciccone). Under any circumstances, DO NOT lose confidence. You will do better next time, because now you have a better idea of what to expect. Good luck to everyone :)

Fellows, please share test taking tips!

My advice is to go through O'Sullivan test prep guide as your main guide. Also used some of the charts in Magee for Differential DX (My strongest area). I have noticed patterns of them testing the same ideas over again. I would look at CTSB, Myotomes and dermatomes and their functional relevance, definitely don't lose points because of the non systems questions (Ex: sxs of Cushing's disease, or urinary incontinence), and finally know all the red flags/contraindications for exercises with SCI, and Cardiovascular reasons to terminate exercise. I had a running list of weaknesses that I began each study day with until they were all converted to memory. Also the O'sullivan red rehab textbook is outstanding for understanding stroke and appropriate stroke interventions so read that carefully. Obviously stroke is a big part of the neuro portion.

Last edited:
Failed the exam on my 6th times. Is there anybody wants to share how they study? Just losing the confidence already. I would appreciate your help guys.

I also took PT Final Exam's prep course. I would recommend it to you. The methods Will has used was what helped me pass this test. Just knowing the Scorebuilders and O'Sullivan books won't be enough if you don't know how to think through the questions they give you, and Will's course does a good job in equipping you with knowledge and the rationale you need for the test.

Fellows, please share test taking tips!
I took this test multiple times. Many more than all of you. I received US PT education but English is my second language. How you study:
1. Take a course: TEP or Will Crane. I took both.
2. Study O'Sullivan then study O'Sullivan questions. DO NOT memorize them.
2. Study what the questions is asking you, why the answer is right and in what case scenario wrong answers would be right! I took me a month to analyze them in details. Know the ROOT of the problem (physiology behind it).
3. Focus most of your time to: MS, NS and Cardio-pulmonary systems.
4. Make notes/stickers/drawings that will help you to memorize material that you have most difficulty with! Review on daily basis. It helped me to recall all information quickly during the test.
5. Believe in yourself ! Pray! Study with smile!

I know is hard, very hard to study over and over and over! But worth it!
"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it.” ~ William Durant

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I took this test multiple times. Many more than all of you. I received US PT education but English is my second language. How you study:
1. Take a course: TEP or Will Crane. I took both.
2. Study O'Sullivan then study O'Sullivan questions. DO NOT memorize them.
2. Study what the questions is asking you, why the answer is right and in what case scenario wrong answers would be right! I took me a month to analyze them in details. Know the ROOT of the problem (physiology behind it).
3. Study post -op RTC, ACL, PCL, Meniscus, THA, TKA protocol exercises/guidelines.
4. Focus most of your time to: MS, NS and Cardio-pulmonary systems.
5. Make notes/stickers/drawings that will help you to memorize material that you have most difficulty with! Review on daily basis. It helped me to recall all information quickly during the test.
5. Believe in yourself ! Pray! Study with smile!

I know is hard, very hard to study over and over and over! But worth it!
"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it.” ~ William Durant

Since you took both of the programs, which one worked better for you?

Since you took both of the programs, which one worked better for you?
TEP. I have a problem with reading questions/answers strategies and the course stresses that techniques a lot during program.

Books i used in my preparation
Scorebuilders
Kendall
Kisner
Sullivan
Differential diagnosis
Few topics from dutton
Blue book
Paz
I didn't read all but specific things
Also what helped me is how to do elimination
Good luck for all of you guys, if you need help you can ask

I just saw following new eligibility requirements. It's not clear to me. I already took this exam 5 times; I have 2 more chances for 2015 as I already failed once in Jan. Will I no longer be eligible to take exam in 2016 if I fail again in 2015? Or does my count start from Jan 2016?

2016 Eligibility Requirements:
The requirements below will be in addition to the current FSBPT requirements.
FSBPT’s eligibility requirements are not the same as a jurisdiction’s requirements for licensure.
Lifetime limit
Candidates will be able to take the exam a maximum of 6 times. An individual can take the NPTE for PTs 6 times and also take the NPTE for PTAs 6 times if he or she is otherwise qualified to do so. Candidates will still be allowed up to 3 attempts per year but now will have a 6 time total limit. As of January 1, 2016, any candidate who has already tested 6 times will no longer be allowed to test unless a jurisdiction chooses to appeal this policy on a specific candidate’s behalf (see “appeals process” below).

Candidates who have not yet passed the exam received a notice from FSBPT in 2014 explaining the new requirement and implementation date. The notice period allows candidates to take up to 3 attempts in 2015. There will be no “grandfathering” for candidates who registered prior to this requirement going into effect. All candidates who do not have a passing score and have tested in the last 3 years will be notified of the changes and have until January 1, 2016 to pass the exam prior to the new requirements going into effect.

I think it goes into effect from 2016. So since you've taken the exam already in January, you have 2 more attempts permitted this year. And if you've still not passed by January 1st 2016, you'll no longer be eligible to take the npte. At least that's what I gathered from the article

I want to take some preparation classes. Can you guys recommend me a good course which really helps. I need to improve my critical thinking skills.
I found following options, but not sure which one is good. I prefer physical classroom setting where i can talk to instructor.

Therapy Team Exam Review, http://therapyteam.com/shop/
TEP http://therapyexamprep.com/
PTfinal exam(Master Mind group) https://www.ptfinalexam.com/mastermind-study-group-2/

It depends what kind of problem you have with the NPTE !!!
TEP: focuses on material review, test strategies and clinical thinking , PT final is clinical thinking and review.
I would recommend both.I personally benefited more from the TEP.
TEP is 3 months intense course and you have to do the work ! TEP helped me to gain 70 points on the NPTE.
Contact Miye (TEP) and Will Crane (PT Final). Believe me they will respond to your questions and concerns.
Foreign students as well students with English as a second language benefit more from TEP !!!
I hope it helped.

I think it goes into effect from 2016. So since you've taken the exam already in January, you have 2 more attempts permitted this year. And if you've still not passed by January 1st 2016, you'll no longer be eligible to take the npte. At least that's what I gathered from the article
YES. You have 2 more chances in 2015.
"As of January 1, 2016, any candidate who has already tested 6 times will no longer be allowed to test unless a jurisdiction chooses to appeal this policy on a specific candidate’s behalf (see “appeals process” below)."