How can I improve my BC test scores?? (Score attached)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnetal-Drew-Lee

Reaction score
Hello guys! I am posting this to ask some advices on study method.
This is my current practice test score
Bio 19 18 20 19 21 20 22 21
GC 20 18 21 18 19 19 19
OC 18 19 19 23 20 21 20
QR 18 19 16 (ew) 18 19
Bio (Qvault) 20
I am getting better at doing Bio and OC but as you can see I am struggling with bring my QR and GC up to the 20s range.
I already did the destroyer and test-bank in BC so my current option is to purchase DAT Qvalut to get more practice exams.

How do you guys suggest me to do? is there any other ways that I can get my score up to the 20's range??
My exam is on May 23, is it still possible to score a 21+ on my dat with the amount of time I have??

some self-reflection: when I did my GC and QR test I usually struggle with timing because I focus a lot of my time with one particular question and panic at the end
1f641.png
:(

Any suggestion or comment will help!!!
Thanks in advanced !!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
d1f8d1aabb370f02ff21bfcfc6e7b37b.jpg

Don't focus on scores. Focus on what your struggling with and learn those concepts. The real DAT will be similar or completly different. There are just to many topics. You may get an easy chem and o chem section but insane PAT section with 5 rock questions and tough TFE that will take up a lot of your time or it may be the completly opposite.

Since you have no idea what they will throw at you, come up with a common strategy for each section and stick with it. If you run out of time in chem and quant for example, find out why. If your just slow at calculating, skip & mark those questions and come back to them at the end. All questions are weighted equally. You won't get +5 points or a pat on the back for solving a hard question. Most importantly, don't let your OCD kick in and force you to spend more time on a question then you should. Don't be that person that makes excuses of the difficulty but not realizing their mistake of time management. Don't spend 5 minutes trying to solve 1 question and ignoring the remaining 15 questions and rushing through them. This exam is more about a time management and getting through all the questions.

Practice, stick with a strategy and implement it during test day & practice some more. You will do good.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I would recommend continuing to rep out the questions on bootcamp until you've "mastered" every type of question. The new Bootcamp app is cool because it allows you to review questions you tag as learning/reviewing/mastered.

You said you struggle with timing...Keep repping questions out even if you got them right to improve comprehension and timing. I don't see a need to throw additional money at other products when you still have the gold standard of DAT test prep material available! GL

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
If you have time go through the extra practice questions that can be found on the BC website (they’re different from the ones on the practice tests, or are these what you’re referring to as the BC “test-bank” questions?).

Do you have math destroyer or just the regular DAT destroyer? If you don’t have the math destroyer I think it’s a good investment. I took the DAT 3 days ago and got a 24 in QR. I think BC was pretty representative of my exam in terms of difficulty, but the extra practice you get from the math destroyer is great. Also use the Math Destroyer to work on timing, since most people tend to do poorly on the QR section because they run out of time and miss the easy questions at the end!

Reactions: 1 user
Apl101 Congratulations on the 24 in QR, that is a tough section, especially being the last part of the DAT, you have to hang for dear life just to survive it! I am glad you found our material helpful.

Nancy