How can I get research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otherstuff12321

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Fourth-year med student going into anesthesia.

Applications are this summer. I have 0 research. What is the best way to get involved in anesthesia (or any other) research this late in the game?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Real question should be "am I interested enough in a topic to spend significant time on it so that I can add to human knowledge?"

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You can't do any research in that short amount of time. Pursuing it now won't help you.

How about submitting a couple medically interesting case abstracts to the ASA meeting. That way you make some academic anesthesia progress and you can go to the meeting where you can also speak with PDs. Win/win.

Reactions: 1 users
Most "medically interesting cases" get accepted to ASA when submitted by residents or med students. Just go to an attending you are close with and ask if they have any interesting cases. Submit by the due date. Then, go to ASA in NOLA this year and go to the med student stuff. Also, when its accepted, you can put on your application (even if you haven't presented yet).