How can I get a job as a Dental Assistant with no license (Florida)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorfish

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I know it is possible in states that do not require a license or graduation from a dental assisting program, but I guess my question is how can I stand out? What can I say on my cover letter/do to get an opportunity at a position. I have tried to apply to several positions that do not require a license, but I just find it hard for employers to hire me over someone who has already been a dental assistant.

My main thing is that I have a year or so before dental school, so I want to work in the dental field and make some money too as I prepare for the large debt burden of dental school.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about all FQHCs, but the Florida FQHC I am volunteering for has hired pre-dentals (like, college students) to become part-time dental assistants before. Public health clinics might be a good place to start looking!

The Dr I work for finds his assistants through the pre-dental society at my university. I would reach out to the president and maybe the advisor of your club to see if they know anyone looking for a student to hire!

Members don't see this ad :)
where are you located? you dont need to be licensed. i'm looking for an assistant in tampa

I know an office in Tallahassee, FL willing to train on the job

where are you located? you dont need to be licensed. i'm looking for an assistant in tampa
Hello,

I am an undergraduate student at the University of South Florida studying biomedical sciences. I am very interested in your assisting position if it is still available. I would also be open to other opportunities that you may offer such as shadowing, or volunteering.

thanks,
Kristina