how authentic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minerva

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
some links in the FAQ section lead u to reviews given in scutwork. My question is , how authentic are these reviews? from what i could make out anybody who registers with these guys can go and write a review for any program they want. take baylor for example. people have said anything and everything that they want about it. how do we know whats right whats wrong. Could someone please clarify.

Members don't see this ad.

They are authentic opinions.

minerva said:
some links in the FAQ section lead u to reviews given in scutwork. My question is , how authentic are these reviews? from what i could make out anybody who registers with these guys can go and write a review for any program they want. take baylor for example. people have said anything and everything that they want about it. how do we know whats right whats wrong. Could someone please clarify.

To add to this, I could mention the unimaginable but possible scenario where someone you meet on the interview trail gives you false information regarding other programs. Everything is subjective, but I personally think the best approach is to take all viewpoints into account with a grain of salt to supplement what you have already learned about a specific program.

I am in the same boat as you though.. sifting through these limited reviews and trying to imagine what each program is like.

prefontaine said:
They are authentic opinions.

Melancholy is absolutely correct. Everyone will have a different experience at each interview. This is because every day is different and at each interview, your comfort level with the question/answer process gets higher.

One thing you might try to do is either 1) contact the person who wrote the review (if it is available) and 2) PM specific posters here and ask if they interviewed and what they thought.

Remember, there is NO one best program for everyone and NO "#1" program. Each program has merits just as each has weaknesses.

I would advise all who are going through this process to take a few minutes and write down on a piece of paper what YOUR priorities are for your education. This means, where you would live, what the program is good in compared to what you want, etc.
Don't pick a program based on cost of living.
Don't pick a program based solely on name value.
Don't pick a program just because "someone else" thought it was great.

Pick a program based on your values and interests, and how they make you feel when you are there for the interview. If you can see yourself somewhere after the interview is over, that is huge. If you don't really like the atmosphere when you are there, trust me, it won't get any better.
And if you finish out the day and there just wasn't a lot of fire in it, admit that and move on.

Try not to schdule so many interviews so close together that you get burned out. You're wasting your money if you go to an interview and you're just not in the zone.
Try to spend a day in the area that you are not interviewing. Ask yourself if you could live there.

I have been tardy in posting my interview experiences (there aren't many) but I will do so. And anyone with a specific question is welcome to PM me.

And, no, I don't actually have to do 10 months of ER for internship. Just ten months of call.