How are you preparing for boards/OITE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giantswing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just started year four - haven't done great on OITE last year.

How do you prepare? Orthobullets? Questions, questions, and more questions? All on Orthobullets?

Members don't see this ad.

This is what I said during final push towards boards (~March timeframe). Same applies now, but you don't have to have such a fast pace through orthobullets...but then again, it can't hurt.

1. Start slamming through orthobullets questions (all 5,963 of them) NOW while keeping track of areas you struggle with. I set up 100 question blocks of random questions (all topics) and try to get through it within a day or two. This will allow you to get through all of them before Maine.
2. Go through all of ResStudy tests. There will be some crossover with these and the SAE/OITE questions, but repetition is good
3. Review all of the previous OITE exams going back about 10 years.

Just do Questions Questions Questions! I didn't "read" anything unless it was too look up a specific thing about a question I kept getting wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone this year gone to the AAOS website to look at the self examinations they sell? They have all types of tests, was wondering if these were at all worth it?

Hate to say this but OITE matters 0% and if you actually completed an orthopaedic residency in the US and have a moderate understanding of the english language, it is incredibly hard to fail. 4% of US first time takers fail.