Houston CV Job Opening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DolphinVA

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hospital-employed group of 4 MDs looking for a 5th due to hospital expansion. Solo cases, adult CV/structural/EP (no OB, peds), home call. We cover a small group of friendly & talented surgeons/cards at a single site. Ideal candidate board certified, CV fellowship, TEE testamur/diplomate. Message me for more details if interested!

Gasworks Posting

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Pay mid-500s+. Call is split evenly, so will be q5. Typical call day finished by 7p, then beeper til morning. Call backs are infrequent, I think I had less than 5 last year. Weekends only emergencies, and usually it's quiet.

It's really a cool place if you're interested in CV.

I'm happy to get into specifics, just message me privately with any questions.

Pay mid-500s+. Call is split evenly, so will be q5. Typical call day finished by 7p, then beeper til morning. Call backs are infrequent, I think I had less than 5 last year. Weekends only emergencies, and usually it's quiet.

It's really a cool place if you're interested in CV.

I'm happy to get into specifics, just message me privately with any questions.
Except q5 doesn't really allow anyone to take vacation, right?

Reactions: 1 user
We currently group the calls into manageable weeks, for instance one week you'll have no call, another M-Th-weekend, another Tues-Friday, another Wednesday and then recycle. When you request vacation it comes out of that no-call week. If more than one week or it's not your scheduled no-call week we either swap the week with each other or owe the people who covered your call and make it up over next couple months. Nothing fancy but it works.

Hospital also hires locums to cover in your absence whenever available so the guys left behind don't suffer.