Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemist157

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really dig CCM in residency, and by no means am I lazy, however working 30 hours Q3D and having one day off a week (weekend day) has me a little burned out. Does it get better in fellowship? Again, I'm not lazy, but I don't know if I can physically handle that schedule for another 2-3 years (depending on combined vs. straight CCM fellowship).

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I really dig CCM in residency, and by no means am I lazy, however working 30 hours Q3D and having one day off a week (weekend day) has me a little burned out. Does it get better in fellowship? Again, I'm not lazy, but I don't know if I can physically handle that schedule for another 2-3 years (depending on combined vs. straight CCM fellowship).

thanks.

Well. No fellowship seems to have the exact same call schedule. Some places put you in the unit and you're home call 24/7 for that month. Some places share the home call between all of the fellows, rotating. Some places have a kind of hybrid depending on rotation site and how busy the site/rotation is.

Right now I'm putting in right about 70 hours a week, with two full weekends off a month. I don't write notes regularly (we only have one spot where fellows write all the notes, and one consult service where we write all the notes) and I'm not coming in as early. For me is MUCH better than 3Q overnight resident type of call.