Hot Topics in Rads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon62781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas on any Hot Topics in Radiology that someone coming to interview should prepare for??

Members don't see this ad.

jon62781 said:
Anyone got any ideas on any Hot Topics in Radiology that someone coming to interview should prepare for??

why radiology? why this city?

jon62781 said:

no one asked me a single damn question about radiology in interviews - other than why rads and why (________) program.

Members don't see this ad :)
what is your viewpoint on medical imaging outsourcing

Never once was I asked about anything in radiology...

Dont worry about it.

Not so much a interview question but probalby a pretty common topic rads: What do current radiologists think of the practice of EVERY icu chest xray getting an offical radiology read? Is this a waste of time and resources? I've NEVER see the official radiology read of a plain film alter the management of a patient, largely b/c an intervention has already been done by the time the radiologist sees the film. There is no doubt that in the end no one can read a film better than a radiologist. But what a waste!
The same argument could be applied to orthopods and bone xrays, or several other specialities.
Will this practice change?
Will the job market be affected?
Should there be a checkbox on the radiology form if you want an offical read?

* Biggest challenge facing radiology today

could possibly lead into
- outsourcing
- role of radiologist when many highly specialized clinicians can perform/read own imaging (eg. cardio, neuro)
- increasing cost of studies with medicare crisis looming