Hostpital Volunteer application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freesolo

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where it asks why you wish to volunteer there? Should I put because i want to get clinical experience for med school?

Members don't see this ad.

well yeah and you have a desire to volunteer right?

you should write down why you want to volunteer outside of the clinical experience as well.

Originally posted by Abraham
Where it asks why you wish to volunteer there? Should I put because i want to get clinical experience for med school?

No, you should say that you hope to learn the proper spelling of "hospital."

Just kidding... actually maybe you should put an answer that's more humanistic and mushy, like ... oh, i don't know... you actually want to be with patients in their time of need? Maybe mention a desire to familiarize yourself with the hospital setting, but I wouldn't directly mention med school preparation.

My $.02

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that is fine. basically they need people to volunteer so they shouldn't be too critical over your qualifications.

Originally posted by Abraham
should i mention applying to med school at all during the interview?

I think the person interviewing you KNOWS you want volunteer credit for some type of grad school or resume.. you can mention it of course, be honest I guess.. but no real point in doing so. Just say you'd think it would be a great opportunity not only to get experience and help see if this is what you want to do in life, but also a great way to fulfill that purpose AND contribute to the community and welfare of people in need.

werd.gif

i was gonna post something but i just looked down on the reply page and saw what TTSD wrote.