hospital to retail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShannonIV

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am moving in a month to another state and I am going to be working full time as a retail pharmacist. I have worked for the past year in a hospital and I just need a change of environment and location.

Has anyone made this change? I have to admit the pay and location are huge factors but I worry I won't like it because I'm so used to hospital. Any insights appreciated.

Shannon

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you can count by 5's you will be fine!!

I keep hearing the count by 5's thing...is it just me, or does no other pharmacy have an automated counting machine?

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck!

i, personally, am now so institutionalized that i don't think i could work retail without some serious help!

I keep hearing the count by 5's thing...is it just me, or does no other pharmacy have an automated counting machine?

Some stores do. But you still have to be able to count by 5's.

I mean that is a critical function!! :D

It took years to get that skill and much work!!

Might have to review that part since you have to deal with a lot of customers in face. Right?

I have the same question too, I planned to finish my internship in hospital only, but second thought, I might need to have some retail exp also.

Please advice.

Some stores do. But you still have to be able to count by 5's.

I mean that is a critical function!! :D

It took years to get that skill and much work!!