Horse People Check In

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kymmy16w

Donkey Therapist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious as to how many of you have horses and plan to keep them while attending vet school? My dad promised me that if I got into vet school, that he would send my horse with me. Guaranteed that anywhere I keep my horse will be cheaper than where he is at now (Southern California).

I think it would be great if I could rent a room from someone who has stables on the property. But we'll see. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Me! I am bringing one horse for sure and maybe the second one (depending on where we go, she is older.) I am hoping to find someplace with a little barn to rent for my horse(s) when I'm at school.

Me! I am bringing one horse for sure and maybe the second one (depending on where we go, she is older.) I am hoping to find someplace with a little barn to rent for my horse(s) when I'm at school.
Sweet. It would be nice to find someone else where I will be going that is doing the same thing. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Same for me! Where are you applying?

Here is a shameless pic of my big donkey. :p

img0115resizeni7.jpg

Haha we are alot alike- I am applying to 16 schools and will be happy to go wherever I get in! I am applying to Edinburgh but looked up the horse information first:) I can fly him over there and it's only a 3 day quarantine. I passed on Australia because I thought it would be too long of a flight for my horse! We do hunter/jumper as well but are starting more dressage.
Your horse is very nice! :) I'll have to post one of mine!

ooh...look at the pretty muscles of the forelimb. We could name them... common digital extensor, extensor carpi radialis... :laugh:

Ok, back to studying for anatomy Wed.

Haha we are alot alike- I am applying to 16 schools and will be happy to go wherever I get in! I am applying to Edinburgh but looked up the horse information first:) I can fly him over there and it's only a 3 day quarantine. I passed on Australia because I thought it would be too long of a flight for my horse! We do hunter/jumper as well but are starting more dressage.
Your horse is very nice! :) I'll have to post one of mine!
Please do!

ooh...look at the pretty muscles of the forelimb. We could name them... common digital extensor, extensor carpi radialis... :laugh:

Ok, back to studying for anatomy Wed.
I have already warned him that he will be my guinea pig while I'm a vet student. :p

IMG_0511.jpg

100_03862355.jpg

Here's my boy:)

Here is a shameless pic of my big donkey. :p

img0115resizeni7.jpg

you want to send your horse to philly for a poor vet student that wants to do her pony club A next summer? ;)

very handsome!

you want to send your horse to philly for a poor vet student that wants to do her pony club A next summer? ;)

very handsome!
Hehe, he's my big baby. When I had time to show him, we did really well. We won Circuit Grand Champion for A/A Jumpers at Indio Desert Circuit in 2006. That was so cool. :cool:

Check out this link of my horse.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/ace+prospector

I really really want to bring mine.......but we'll have to see because of the whole it costs money thing. I board her for free right now. I really really want to go to OSU (in fact, the only other one I applied to was UGA and if I don't get into OSU and only into UGA, I think I might just wait until I do get in) but I think my chances are pretty good (WV contract). I rode western for most of my life so I never really got to get into jumping a whole lot, but we did do huntseat classes later on fairly successfully. I did mostly AQHA shows.......they were held about 10 minutes from where my barn is.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Kymmy your horsie is cousins with my horsie his great grandparents are Buckpasser and Raise a Native too and they're the same age 1997...funny....except my horse got kicked off the racetrack for not wanting to race....

Horsies!

My friend had her horse down at school (clinical psych), and she would go and ride whenever she got stressed out......she was at the barn a lot, but she said it was great to have him around.

-t

Hey Kymmy your horsie is cousins with my horsie his great grandparents are Buckpasser and Raise a Native too and they're the same age 1997...funny....except my horse got kicked off the racetrack for not wanting to race....
Yeah, Ace raced 3 times before they retired his racing career. :p

I really really want to bring mine.......but we'll have to see because of the whole it costs money thing. I board her for free right now. I really really want to go to OSU (in fact, the only other one I applied to was UGA and if I don't get into OSU and only into UGA, I think I might just wait until I do get in) but I think my chances are pretty good (WV contract). I rode western for most of my life so I never really got to get into jumping a whole lot, but we did do huntseat classes later on fairly successfully. I did mostly AQHA shows.......they were held about 10 minutes from where my barn is.:D

Well you should definitely have a better chance at OSU than UGA. Georgia is notorious for only letting in about one out of state person or so a year.

I'd be careful with turning down an acceptance and reapplying the following year...most schools don't think very highly of that, unless there were specially circumstances.

My boy will eventually come with me too.
I don't think I would take him with me first semester anywhere though-especially if it's a big move-I would rather settle into school, then move him. But he has to come-riding him is my de stresser.
The plan when I bought him as a baby (Westphalian) was to train him & do the AO's but then he got EPM. He was a patient at Newbolton in the stall right next to Barbaro. My Holden made out like a bandit because the nurses all loved him (he's like a big dog) and gave him lots of Barbaro's extra treats.

Eek, I found more pony pictures. :rolleyes:

234375394_l.jpg

231398001_l.jpg

Couldn't resist the photo thread....

falling.jpg

Screwing up at school.... got back on :) Back/neck rads + muscle relaxers + pain killers and I was back in class for finals (a little drugged up, but present). Yea eventers!

jump.jpg

Getting it right at the Kentucky Horse Park.

Yeah!!! I love horse threads:) I want to bring my guy with me sooo bad. Nate is older and I just bought a 4 year old off the track and is my new project. So I think I will be taken him with me:)

Here are some pictures Nate is the white and Damian is the rose grey!!!!

o i do!!! o i do plan to keep mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!