Holiday Season Interview Invite / Rejection / Acceptance 2010-2011 Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fungirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am creating this thread for everyone who wishes to know which admissions committees are still actively working and making decisions over the holiday break. Please post to this thread if you have received an Acceptance, Rejection, or Interview Invite between now and Jan 5th!

The more who keep this updated, the better the resource it will be for those hoping to hear news... And will allow me (and perhaps others to stop checking a million threads and statuses).

Good luck and Happy Holidays :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Received a Downstate interview on the 17th after being complete for 4 months. Good luck guys!

Just saw the dreaded email from texas a&m. I am rejected. Except for texas tech el paso, no other school in texas have got back yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
mcw invite last week for an int on jan 7th... i know its outside ur timeframe but its close!

i got an email from Emory saying they received my Update letter

Albany is still in business. Got some email from them today.

Georgetown's still up and runnin. Got an acceptance via email this morning at 6 AM eastern time (why not?)
Woohoo!

I got a rejection from NYMC on Dec 17. YAY... :laugh:
Its okay though I have a better acceptance elsewhere!

Members don't see this ad :)

I keep getting emails from them telling me to finish my secondary. Lawl! I have already been accepted to a couple Texas schools so I'm not gonna pay them money just so they can tell me No anyway

Got the snail mail rejection today from UMinn :(

Awe, sorry to you I Dreamt....
Seems like schools would have more sensitivity than to be rejecting right now when everyone is heading home for the holidays and such. :thumbdown:
Oh, well, chin up, the game ain't over :thumbup::luck:

hey sorry about the rejection :(... how did you hear? I havent heard a peep from htem in ages

Awe, sorry to you I Dreamt....
Seems like schools would have more sensitivity than to be rejecting right now when everyone is heading home for the holidays and such. :thumbdown:
Oh, well, chin up, the game ain't over :thumbup::luck:

Thx for the kind words!

Recent interview invite from Columbia. Complete in July.

Interview invite this week for Emory! Complete since August =4+ months :laugh: Can't complain though!

Interview invite to Tulane!

I've been whistling "Walking to New Orleans" since I found out!

Monday -- I got an call from Loyola for an interview in late January!

Today -- Acceptance from UT Memphis! :D

Dec. 20 - Invite from NYMC
Dec. 23 - Invite for OSU

Merry Christmas!

I think UCSF was closed as of 12/23 considering my overnight letter to them did not get delivered since nobody was there to sign for it

I got an email on 12/20 from LSU-Shreveport acknowledging they received my Update letter that I sent on 12/13.

Also, I know someone who received an acceptance from IU ON 12/22.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

withdrew interviews from VCU, NYMC, WVU, and TCMC after being accepted in RWJMS (state school and top choice woo hoo!) good luck everyone...hope those interview spots go to those of you waiting!:luck:

Weill Cornell is awake and up to no good.

got rejected this morning.

I got an interview invite to Duke on Christmas Eve. Definitely was not expecting that, but it was a nice early Christmas present :D

Got rejected from UNC today :(

So sorry to hear that :(
I got rejected from Cornell this morning. Since I wasn't rejected yesterday, I was secretly hoping I had survived the mass rejection. :nono: No such luck :uhno:

Oh well, better to know where life is taking me.....

So sorry to hear that :(
I got rejected from Cornell this morning. Since I wasn't rejected yesterday, I was secretly hoping I had survived the mass rejection. :nono: No such luck :uhno:

Oh well, better to know where life is taking me.....

lol same here Nessy! Got my second rejection just now from Cornell - very depressing day today :(

lol same here Nessy! Got my second rejection just now from Cornell - very depressing day today :(

I wouldn't worry about the rejections. It's just part of the process, since you applied to a decent amount of reaches. Statistically, one of your 7 interview invites (that's a lot!) should definitely turn into an acceptance. I would be astounded if you don't get in somewhere.

My stats aren't terrible, and I'm currently sitting on just one interview. I'm not depressed.:)

I wouldn't worry about the rejections. It's just part of the process, since you applied to a decent amount of reaches. Statistically, one of your 7 interview invites (that's a lot!) should definitely turn into an acceptance. I would be astounded if you don't get in somewhere.

My stats aren't terrible, and I'm currently sitting on just one interview. I'm not depressed.:)

I guess you're right Max. Here's to hoping you get more interviews!

I guess you're right Max. Here's to hoping you get more interviews!

Thanks! Some of the schools I applied to interview through April. Invites can still go out as late as January or even February, in some cases. January could be a very good month for people that completed their apps a bit on the later side.:D

Pre-interview hold at Albany Medical College received today. Disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.